Call for Abstract
5th International Conference on Theoretical, Materials and Condensed Matter Physics, will be organized around the theme “Innovative Encounters in the real-world of Theoretical, Materials & Condensed Matter Physics”
Condensed Matter Physics 2018 is comprised of keynote and speakers sessions on latest cutting edge research designed to offer comprehensive global discussions that address current issues in Condensed Matter Physics 2018
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
Condensed Matter physicists study how matter arises from a large number of interacting electrons and atoms, and what physical properties it has as a result of these interactions. The field of condensed matter physics explores the macroscopic and microscopic properties of matter. The main attention is waged to physics of solid, liquid and, phase equilibria, amorphous systems and phase transitions, electric, magnetic, thermal, structural and optical properties of condensed matter Physics.
- Track 1-1Condensed matter theory
- Track 1-2Study in condensed matter physics through scattering
- Track 1-3Numerical analysis & modelling in condensed matter physics
- Track 1-4Lattice periodicity
- Track 1-5Experimental condensed matter physics
- Track 1-6Plasmionics
- Track 1-7Theoretical models
- Track 1-8Study of matter through scanning tunnelling microscope
Theoretical physics is a division of physics that employs mathematical models and abstractions of physical objects and systems to streamline, explain and predict natural phenomena. This is in divergence to experimental physics, which uses experimental tools to probe these phenomena.
- Track 2-1String theory
- Track 2-2Theoretical high energy physics
- Track 2-3Lattice gauge theory
- Track 2-4Modern physics
- Track 2-5Particle and nuclear theory
- Track 2-6Astrophysics and cosmology
Material physics is the used to describe the physical properties of materials. It is a synthesis of physical sciences such as solid mechanics, solid state physics, and materials science. Materials physics is considered a subset of condensed matter physics and applies fundamental condensed matter concepts to complex multiphase media, including materials of technological interest.
- Track 3-1Solid mechanics
- Track 3-2Biomaterials
- Track 3-3Structured Materials
- Track 3-4Experimental physics
- Track 3-5computational physics
The interdisciplinary field of materials science, also commonly termed materials science and engineering, involves the discovery and design of new materials, with a prominence on solids. The intellectual origins of materials science stem from the Enlightenment, when researchers began to use logical thinking from chemistry, physics, and engineering to understand early, phenomenological observations in metallurgy and mineralogy.
- Track 4-1Smart materials
- Track 4-2Composite materials
- Track 4-3Graphene & fullerenes
- Track 4-4Quasi crystals
- Track 4-5Thin films and coatings
Meta Materials are made from gatherings of multiple elements shaped from composite materials such as metals or plastics. Magnetic materials are those materials that can be either involved or resisted when placed in an external magnetic field and can be magnetized themselves.
- Track 5-1Ferroelectrics
- Track 5-2Advanced materials
- Track 5-3Negative index metamaterials
- Track 5-4Meta materials in daily life
- Track 5-5Supersolid
- Track 5-6Multiferrics
Nano Materials is a material having particles or elements of nanoscale dimensions, or one that is produced by nanotechnology. Nanotechnology is influence of matter on an atomic and molecular scale. The earliest widespread description of nanotechnolog referred to the particular technological goal of exactly manipulating atoms and molecules for fabrication of macroscale products, also now referred to as molecular nanotechnology.
- Track 6-1Advanced Nanomaterials
- Track 6-2Nanotechnology applications
- Track 6-3Nano electronic devices
- Track 6-4Nanoparticles
- Track 6-5Nanoscale materials
- Track 6-6Biomedical Nanomaterials
- Track 6-7Materiomics
Solid-state physics is the study of rigid matter, or solids, through methods such as quantum mechanics, crystallography and electromagnetism. It is the largest division of condensed matter physics. Solid-state physics studies how the large-scale properties of solid materials result from their atomic-scale properties. Thus, solid-state physics forms a theoretic basis of materials science.
- Track 7-1Crystallography
- Track 7-2Rigid matter
- Track 7-3Solid state material
Quantum theory is the theoretical basis of modern physics that explains the nature and performance of matter and energy on the atomic and subatomic level. High Energy Physics is also known as Particle Physics is a branch of physics that studies the nature of the particles.
- Track 8-1 Practical challenges in quantum electronics and quantum computing
- Track 8-2Gravitation
- Track 8-3Quantum field theory
- Track 8-4Interactions and fluctuations in condensed Matter Physics
- Track 8-5Quantum many body physics
- Track 8-6Quantum information
- Track 8-7Spintronics
- Track 8-8Dynamics of quantum systems
- Track 8-9Quantum chaos
- Track 8-10Quantum mechanics
Superconductivity is a phenomenon of exactly zero electrical resistance and expulsion of magnetic flux fields occurring in certain materials, called superconductors, when cooled below a specific critical temperature. Superfluidity is the characteristic property of a fluid with zero viscosity which therefore flows without loss of kinetic energy. When moved, a superfluid forms cellular vortices that continue to rotate indefinitely.
- Track 9-1Superconductivity challenges
- Track 9-2Superfluidity challenges
- Track 9-3Superconductivity applications
- Track 9-4Superconductivity applications superconductivity ad superfluidity at high temperature
Graphene is a rapidly on the horizon of materials science and condensed-matter physics. This strictly two-dimensional material exhibits exceptionally high crystal and electronic quality, and, despite its short history, has already revealed an abundance of new physics and potential applications.
- Track 10-1Carbon nano structures and devices
- Track 10-2Tribology
- Track 10-3Fullerenes
- Track 10-4Aromatic molecule
Organic electronics is a field of materials science concerning the design, characterization, and application of organic polymers that show desirable electronic properties such as conductivity. Unlike conventional inorganic conductors and semiconductors, organic electronic materials are constructed polymers using synthetic strategies developed in the polymer chemistry.
- Track 11-1Electromagnetism
- Track 11-2Electromagnetism
- Track 11-3Conductive organic material
- Track 11-4Organic light-emitting diode (OLED) and its applications
- Track 11-5Organic field-effect transistor (OFET)
- Track 11-6Organic electronic devices and solar cell
- Track 11-7Plastic electronics and its applications
- Track 11-8Electro ceramics
Soft Matter is a subfield of Condensed Matter comprising a variety of physical systems that are structurally reformed by thermal or mechanical stress of the magnitude of thermal fluctuations. They include liquids, colloids, polymers, granular materials and liquid crystals. Soft materials are important in a wide range of technological applications.
- Track 12-1Control theory
- Track 12-2Polymers
- Track 12-3Membranes
- Track 12-4Liquid crystals
Biophysics is an interdisciplinary science that applies the methods of physics to study biological systems. Biophysics covers all scales of biological organization. Biophysical research shares significant overlap with biochemistry, physicalchemistry, nanotechnology, bioengineering, computational biology and biomechanics.
- Track 13-1Systems biology
- Track 13-2 Biomechanics
- Track 13-3Computational biology
- Track 13-4 Radiology
The Advanced Materials Industry includes a full cycle form materials extraction and primary production. The development of advanced materials is associated with the generation of recent knowledge and intellectual property, a combination of the association with advanced materials .The Advanced materials directorate has in the past financial year developed a baseline study on the sector in south Africa.
- Track 14-1Fundamentals of Materials Science
- Track 14-2Materials in Industry
- Track 14-3Advanced Spintronic Materials
- Track 14-4Memory Polymers
- Track 14-5Biocomposites
- Track 14-6Alloys